This is the Social Media Show. You can interact with us on Twitter using this hashtag: #socialmediashow. We promise to be nice.
Mark (@postableltd) is joined by Ian (@ianstewart1985) and Mic (@brokenbottleboy).
This week we take issue with an article published in the Christian Science Monitor, and syndicated by ABC, which asked the following question:
We chew this over, pondering the following:
- How do we express ourselves through social media, and is the whole idea behind social media “too feminine”?
- Why do we feel compelled to share? Are women inherently more inclined to be mavens of social media?
- What about the “thinspiration” movement evident on Pinterest and other streams of social media; is that playing up to a dangerous trend in young girls?
- Does social media provide society with a means to express its darker side?
- Is Twitter “like an amazing worldwide conference with the Hells Angels serving as security”?